This week in OtherWords, Daphne Wysham weighs in on the growing fossil-fuel resistance across the Pacific Northwest that made Portland’s “kayaktivists” a media sensation while I explain how a boom in solar-powered electric vehicles could help resolve the climate crisis.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Supporters of Diplomacy over War Must Speak Up / Kevin Martin and Phyllis Bennis
Lawmakers need to hear from their constituents who support the nuclear deal with Iran.
- Coal, Oil, Gas: None Shall Pass / Daphne Wysham
A growing movement across the Pacific Northwest is gumming up the fossil-fuel works.
- An Extraordinary Diplomatic Feat / Chris Toensing
Obama may have stopped a war with Iran before it started, but stopping a war isn’t the same as peace.
- Is O’Malley an Environmental Champion? / Alissa Weinman
The former Maryland governor’s record is inconsistently green, at best.
- A Driving Force / Emily Schwartz Greco
Electric vehicles are on the verge of disrupting energy markets.
- The Sentence They Don’t Tell You About / John Kiriakou
The government’s petty harassment didn’t end after I served time for being a whistleblower.
- Running on Greed / Bob Lord
When Donald Trump boasts about his fortune, he drives up his popularity.
- Holder Proves You Can Go Home Again / Jim Hightower
In a way, the former attorney general never really left his powerhouse corporate employer.
- What’s the End Game? / Jill Richardson
There’s a point at which the quest for more money is no longer worthwhile.
- Hillary or Bernie? / Khalil Bendib cartoon