This week in OtherWords, Sarah Anderson invokes the Three Stooges to put some rich news on runaway CEO pay into perspective and Peter Hart says that big media outlets are engaging in a new form of climate denial.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter or follow us on Twitter @OTWords. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, please help us keep this service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- It Takes a Mentor / Diana Anahi Torres
I paid less than $10,000 to earn my college degree from a top-ranked school.
- The Media’s New Climate Denialism / Peter Hart
When journalists cover fracking, they often fail to mention its contribution to global warming.
- Olive Garden Execs Parachute Away / Sarah Anderson
The nation’s largest full-service restaurant chain is sending three top executives off with $68 million while paying workers $2.13 per hour.
- The Not-So-Good News about the Border Crisis / Emily Schwartz Greco
The Obama administration is making it harder for Central Americans to get refugee status.
- Banning Medical Pot Makes No Sense / Jill Richardson
Why deny a cancer or AIDS patient a medication that reduces suffering?
- Try to Buy a Baloney Sandwich with That / Jim Hightower
Rather than urge guests to leave bigger tips and thank you notes, Marriott should pay its housekeepers a living wage.
- Head in the Tar Sands / Khalil Bendib cartoon