This week in OtherWords, Marjorie E. Wood weighs in on how siphon-up economics is hurting us all and Chuck Collins and Lisa Renstrom explain why individual investors need to divest their oil, gas, and coal assets and invest in climate solutions.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, help us keep this valuable service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- Make Your Investments Fuel Change / Lisa Renstrom and Chuck Collins
We’re igniting some Wall Street heat.
- Corporate Tax Deserters / Richard Kirsch
A growing number of companies are pretending to move abroad and shortchanging us all.
- Making Windmills out of Warplanes / Ellen Powell
The federal government needs to cut military spending to free up the money needed to meet the climate challenge.
- The Scourge of Siphon-Up Economics / Marjorie E. Wood
Addressing inequality head-on will put our nation’s wealth back where it belongs — with all of us.
- Some Serious Potty Talk / Jill Richardson
Composting toilets would save water and, uh, resources.
- The Little Train That Won’t / Jim Hightower
The Republican party’s refusal to invest in America’s collapsing infrastructure is a recipe for disaster.
- Forcing an Island of Peace to Host a Billion-Dollar Military Base / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
Uncle Sam is wrecking a great deal of South Korea’s top tourist destination.
- Destroying a Bridge to Somewhere / Khalil Bendib cartoon