This week’s OtherWords editorial package features an op-ed by Robert G. Gard, in which the retired lieutenant general urges Congress to take action to avoid the upcoming “fiscal cliff.”
We’re still getting letters for Donald Kaul, most of which are from readers of newspapers that picked up his column from this editorial service. Please check out this tribute by his old friend and former colleague, Van A. Tyson, on the OtherWords blog. As always, I encourage you to subscribe to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- How Romney Could Blow Iowa / Andrew Korfhage
The wind energy industry relies on a soon-to-expire tax credit that protects American jobs and our health.
- Steering Clear of the Iceberg Ahead / Lt. General (USA, Ret.) Robert G. Gard
It’s time for Congress to get real.
- Why We Need the Food from Family Farms Act / Ben Burkett
Had Congress heeded our advice, farmers and taxpayers would be far better able to deal with a lack of grain, grass, and water from the drought.
- Fracking Exports / Deb Nardone
Selling liquefied natural gas to foreign markets doesn’t serve U.S. interests.
- The 64-Gazillion-Dollar Question / Sam Pizzigati
A top authority on poverty has changed his mind about the urgency of fighting inequality.
- Drone on the Range / Jim Hightower
Those very same pilotless, remote-controlled, undetectable planes that the CIA has been secretly using to spy on and bomb people in Pakistan and elsewhere are headed to our local police departments.
- Occupy Wall Street Paved the Way / William A. Collins
When will the really huge crowds come out to the streets?
- Caution, Fiscal Cliff Ahead / Khalil Bendib (Cartoon)