In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Marc Morial addresses school funding inequality and Chuck Collins looks at how Congress might spend the $700 billion in potential revenue from letting Bush’s tax cuts for the richest Americans expire. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
Also, please consider making a tax-deductible contribution to OtherWords as you consider your year-end giving. Our services are free for newspapers, new media, and engaged citizens, but our operations do require funding to carry out. Any amount you can give will be used wisely and effectively to help us continue providing the best op-eds, columns, and cartoons.
- A $700 Billion Dilemma / Chuck Collins
- Public School Funding: Separate and Skewed / Marc Morial
- This isn’t Sarah Palin’s Alaska / Nancy Lord
- New Hope to Stop Violence against Women / Maribel Quiala
- End the Pot Prohibition / Donald Kaul
- Meet Your New Neighborhood Food Market / Jim Hightower
- Gambling: Upbeat, but Slipping / William A. Collins
- Crocodile Tears / Khalil Bendib