This week in OtherWords, Jill Richardson calls for hemp legalization and Jim Hightower skewers the media’s “native advertising” penchant. William A. Collins and I are taking a break from our weekly column and Donald Kaul is still convalescing.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Then please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter.
- Nottoway to Make a Good Impression / Sarah Browning
If you claim to be a champion for the underdogs, then you probably shouldn’t host your event at a former slave plantation.
- Higher Hopes for Hemp / Jill Richardson
The phony justification for banning hemp because someone might secretly grow pot makes even less sense than it did before Colorado and Washington State legalized marijuana.
- Flashing Too Little Editorial Integrity / Jim Hightower
Advertisers are pushing news sites not to be too explicit about distinguishing between genuine news items and ad hustles.
- From Nurses and Students, a New Assault on Inequality / Sam Pizzigati
Pay ratios may soon become a staple of the debate over our growing income gap.
- The End of Civilization as We Know It / Khalil Bendib cartoon