Here’s what you’ll find in this week’s OtherWords editorial package, which features a Donald Kaul column on Rep. Joe Barton’s foot-in-mouth problem and a Martha Burk op-ed about a potential threat to Social Security. The cartoon accompanies the op-ed by Philip Mattera about BP’s weak corporate ethics. You can get it all in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- Who Should Pay for the Crisis? / Sarah Anderson
- It’s Time for Israel to End the Gaza Siege / Bayann Hamid
- Leaving Granny Behind / Martha Burk
- Corporate Social Irresponsibility / Philip Mattera
- Joe Barton’s Honest Mistake / Donald Kaul
- GM Crashes Chevy / Jim Hightower
- Want a Job? Good Luck / William A. Collins
- BP’s Ethics / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.