This week’s OtherWords editorial package is a Labor Day special. Sam Pizzigati casts a light on corporate consultants who recommend gutting the pay of America’s most experienced and skilled workers, Donald Kaul says “the Great Recession has sliced through American workers like a scythe, cutting them off at the knees,” and Jim Hightower laments the newfound insignificance of middle-class consumers. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- A Tip for Joe the Machinist: Watch Your Back / Sam Pizzigati
- Endless War Isn’t the Answer to 9/11 / Jim Cason
- People-Powered Media / Brandy Doyle
- The Government Can and Should Help Create Jobs Now / Elizabeth Rose
- The Rich are Raking it in, so Where are the Jobs? / Donald Kaul
- Mass-Marketing Goes Platinum / Jim Hightower
- The War on Labor / William A. Collins
- Catering to the Rich / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.