Here’s what you’ll find in the latest OtherWords editorial package, which includes an op-ed by Kevin Shih regarding CEOs who unnecessarily slash jobs–a practice that earns them outrageous compensation and harms America’s economy. There’s also a CEO cartoon accompanying that commentary, a Labor Day op-ed by AFL-CIO president Richard Trumka, and a Jim Hightower column extolling the advantages (to Democrats) if the GOP chooses Newt Gingrich as the party’s presidential nominee in 2012. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- Killing Jobs is Bad for Business / Kevin Shih
- The Stakes Are High for Latino Workers This Labor Day / Richard Trumka
- Happy Birthday, Social Security / David Elliot
- Climate Currency / Janet Redman
- Much Ado about Non-News Stories / Donald Kaul
- See Newt Run / Jim Hightower
- Don’t Ask, Don’t Care / William A. Collins
- Icarus Inc. / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.