In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Jim Hightower lampoons a luxury tent Neiman Marcus is marketing to the uber-rich this holiday season. Please also check out Karen Dolan’s witty take on the collapse of Herman Cain’s presidential bid — written in verse and posted on our blog. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- The Rich Don’t Need a Free Ride / William Rice
- Hardly Working / David Elliot
- Cut the Pentagon’s Budget, Make the U.S. Safer / Jim Cason
- Mitt’s Personhood Problem / Jason Salzman
- Ethnic Jokes are a Fool’s Game / Donald Kaul
- How the 1 Percent Can Camp Out with the 99 Percent / Jim Hightower
- The Long Road to Marriage Equality / William A. Collins
- Occupy Ellis Island / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.