In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Anupama Joshi and Robert Gottlieb weigh in on the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act, which President Obama signed into law this morning, quipping “Had I not been able to get this bill passed, I would be sleeping on the couch.” You’ll also find a Donald Kaul column about Obama’s controversial deal with the GOP on the Bush tax cuts and Jim Hightower on DeLay’s recent conviction. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
OtherWords commentaries and cartoons run in at least 225 newspapers across the nation and dozens of websites. If you’re one of the many editors who would panic if we suddenly stopped showing up in your inbox or on the Web, please make a tax-deductible contribution today. We need new sources of financial support so we can keep offering top-notch commentaries and columns free of charge. Any amount you can spare will help strengthen our work. And thanks for your support in publishing the great content OtherWords provides 52 weeks a year.
- Toxic CEO Pay Story / Sarah Anderson
- Denying Health Care to Americans is Un-American / William McCartney
- School Lunch Victory / Robert Gottlieb
- Monumental Wilderness / Athan Manuel
- Invertebrate President / Donald Kaul
- The Hammer Gets Nailed / Jim Hightower
- College Ain’t What it Used to Be / William A. Collins
- Spineless / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.