In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Sarah Anderson reflects on her great-grandfather’s experience as a Civil War veteran, Donald Kaul remembers why he liked Ike, and Peter Hart explains why most Americans couldn’t watch the best coverage of Egypt’s uprising on TV. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- Civil War and the Safety Net / Sarah Anderson
- Al-Jazeera English: TV You Can’t Watch on TV / Peter Hart
- Dairy Farmers vs. Commodities Traders / Arden Tewksbury
- Egypt and Reversing the Dominoes of Domination / Michael McCarthy
- My Favorite Republican / Donald Kaul
- Our Corporate Courts / Jim Hightower
- Taxes Worth Fighting For / William A. Collins
- Military Industrial Humor / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.