In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Jim Hightower salutes the Green Bay Packers and their 112,000 owners while Michael B. Keegan expresses concern that Rep. Peter King’s upcoming hearings on domestic terrorism will exploit widespread fears of Muslims in a newfangled version of McCarthyism. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- A Military Budget on the Wrong Side of History / Miriam Pemberton
- House Hearings Shouldn’t Demonize the Muslim-American Community / Michael B. Keegan
- New START’s Nuclear Compromise / Kingston Reif
- Tap Water’s Budget Bottleneck / Leslie Samuelrich
- Climate Science can Weather a Winter Storm / Donald Kaul
- The Big Score in this Year’s Super Bowl / Jim Hightower
- The Media Flunks Wikileaks 101 / William A. Collins
- House Un-Christian Activities Committee / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.