In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Chris Toensing argues that Democrats and Republicans alike have long wished that Egypt and other U.S.-allied Arab states would forever remain docile dictatorships. It’s accompanied by an insightful cartoon by Khalil Bendib. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- Silencing Human Trafficking Victims in America / Tiffany Williams
- No More Mr. Nice Autocracy / Chris Toensing
- Key Hand Sanitizer Ingredient May Cause More Harm than Good / Wenonah Hauter
- Put a Human Face on Spending Priorities / David Elliot
- American History Requires Study, not Plastic Surgery / Donald Kaul
- Obama, Inc. / Jim Hightower
- Elections You Can’t Count On / William A. Collins
- There Goes the Neighborhood / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.