In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Donald Kaul explains why it was hard to notice the official end of the Iraq War, and Jim Hightower describes the Drug War’s losing battle in Afghanistan. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
We also have a special feature this week: OtherWords contributor Martha Burk posted an interview with Roe v. Wade lawyer Sarah Weddington to our blog. Check it out.
- Wealthy Tax Cheats / Sam Pizzigati
- Cheering Obama’s Wise Tar Sands Choice / Bill McKibben and Michael Brune
- Climate Insurance / Julia Olmstead
- Dollar Democracy / Tim Butterworth
- A Zero on the Home Front’s Richter Scale / Donald Kaul
- Afghanistan’s Poppy War / Jim Hightower
- Fukushima Is So Yesterday / William A. Collins
- Endless War / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.