Here’s what you’ll find in the latest OtherWords editorial package, which features an op-ed by Karen Dolan and a cartoon by Khalil Bendib about the congressional failure to extend unemployment benefits. In his weekly column, Donald Kaul channels how other presidents might have reacted to the BP oil disaster. Get it all in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- Unemployed Become a Political Football / Karen Dolan
- The War on Antibiotics / Ben Lilliston
- After the BP Oil Disaster / Michael Brune
- Let’s Shelve New Nuclear Power Initiatives / Alice Slater
- No Drama, Not Even Angry / Donald Kaul
- Afghanistan’s Fool’s Gold / Jim Hightower
- Bombs Bursting in Air / William A. Collins
- Shovel Ready / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.