In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Daphne Wysham says that Washington’s recent storm and heat wave underscored the need for wiser energy choices, and Martha Burk weighs in on what the Supreme Court’s health care ruling means for women. On our blog, Tom Israel offers a creative quiz for Obamacare foes. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- A Perfect and Hot Storm / Daphne Wysham
It’s time to save ourselves from a climate nightmare of our own making.
- Year of the Gaffe / Peter Hart
We’ve got four more months of this to come.
- Drinking MOX-Laced Lemonade / Ryan Alexander
The government is spending $15 billion to create a nuclear fuel derived from plutonium that we have to bribe companies to take.
- Why Women Love John Roberts / Martha Burk
The Supreme Court’s decision to uphold the health care mandate may not stop the war on women, but it surely feels good to win such a decisive battle.
- Pennsylvania’s High-Profile Pedophile Scandals / Donald Kaul
The Penn State and Philadelphia archdiocese cases are parallel examples of two grand, exalted institutions fleeing their moral responsibilities.
- Sabotaging Montana’s Campaign Finance Legacy / Jim Hightower
The Supreme Court has trumped a century-old state law that made the state a model for campaign finance in America.
- Our Troops as Cannon Fodder / William A. Collins
Wars of conquest are most popular if they can be made to appear tidy, safe, just, and relatively cost-free.
- Mitt’s Gift of Gaffe / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.