In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Martha Burk weighs in on Rush Limbaugh’s ill-timed attack on Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke and its aftermath and William A. Collins discusses the death-with-dignity movement. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- Rush Limbaugh and the Live Volcano / Martha Burk
American women are fed up.
- Hate Groups Spread Lies and Kill Cops / Mark Potok
Law enforcement officials say the number of violent encounters with anti-government “sovereign citizens” is rising.
- Inching Toward Progress on the North Korean Nuke Problem / Duyeon Kim
The road to a negotiated settlement will be long and bumpy.
- Job-Killing Tax Breaks / Rachael Solem
If the government is going to give anyone tax breaks, they should give them to people like me before I became an entrepreneur.
- Pumping Gas Prices for All They’re Worth / Donald Kaul
Can our nation survive $5-a-gallon gas?
- Attack of the Billionaires / Jim Hightower
Some 300 uber-rich corporate plutocrats and their political hirelings have pledged at least $100 million to bombard the Obama campaign with viciously negative ads.
- The Freedom to Die with Dignity / William A. Collins
Catholic hospitals follow an edict that requires them to override do-not-resuscitate orders.
- Five Bucks a Gallon / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.