In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Kate Colarulli calls for an end to oil and gas tax breaks and Carl Gibson explains why luring corporate profits stashed overseas back to America with a tax holiday would actually push us further into debt. We’re also running an op-ed by Christine Ahn and Kavita N. Ramdas, a column by Donald Kaul, and a cartoon by Khalil Bendib that put former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s alleged sex crimes into context.
- The IMF’s Assault on Women / Christine Ahn
- Big Oil’s Free Ride / Kate Colarulli
- Wanted: Real U.S. Leadership / Adotei Akwei
- Tax Holiday Would Cheat American Taxpayers / Carl Gibson
- Some Good News, at Last / Donald Kaul
- A Little Less Corporate Political Corruption / Jim Hightower
- Fukushima, USA / William A. Collins
- DSK’s Defense / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.