This week’s OtherWords editorial package features a Jim Hightower column about a company that’s trying to override Vermont’s decision to shutter a nuclear reactor and an op-ed by Peter Weiss on why torture doesn’t “work.”
If you haven’t already, please also check out the commentaries we ran last week on our blog following the big news on bin Laden. We ran this week’s cartoon five days early and pre-released Donald Kaul’s column as a blog post.
- Free Private Manning / Saul Landau
- Torture: Immoral, Illegal, Counterproductive, and Un-American / Peter Weiss
- The Game is Changing in Iran / Laicie Olson
- Making a Statement with Our Tractors / Joel Greeno
- Making an Exception for Osama bin Laden / Donald Kaul
- Entergy Goes Nuclear over Vermont’s Decision / Jim Hightower
- The Abortion War Cranks Up / William A. Collins
- Osama’s Descent / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.