In this week’s OtherWords editorial package, Deborah Burger calls for a new Wall Street tax and Libby Reinish reports on the quiet consolidation underway in the coverage of local TV news. Get all this and more in your inbox by subscribing to our weekly newsletter. If you haven’t signed up yet, please do.
- The Skinny on Farm Subsidies and Obesity / Wenonah Hauter and Carmen Rita Nevarez
- Welcoming Overdue Mercury Standards / Mary Anne Hitt
- Tax Wall Street to Heal America / Deborah Burger
- The Great Local News Heist / Libby Reinish
- GOP Debates are More Entertaining than GOP Policies / Donald Kaul
- Paulson’s Plaintive Plea / Jim Hightower
- Prison Nation / William A. Collins
- Half-Full Champagne Flute / Khalil Bendib
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.