- The Six Stages of Climate Grief / Daphne Wysham
I have discovered a new sixth stage, beyond acceptance of the truly depressing climate science: doing The Work.
- AT&T’s Upside-Down World / Craig Aaron
If we had actual competition for mobile phone services in America, AT&T’s decision to charge you more for less would never fly.
- Indefensible: The Truth about Pentagon Spending / Suzie Dershowitz
A mountain of misleading rhetoric from big Pentagon contractors has buried the facts.
- Losing Latino Votes / Raul A. Reyes
The more we know about Ryan, the more obvious it becomes that he and Romney aren’t a winning combination for America.
- Who’s Really Winning the Smartphone Wars? / Sam Pizzigati
We’re letting top executives of giant corporations expropriate public “property” for private gain.
- The Koch Brothers’ Moonshine / Jim Hightower
The paper industry’s titans have teamed up with practitioners of the legislative black arts to turn their sludge into a slick tax loophole.
- Sorry, You Can’t Get There From Here / William A. Collins
The United States has invested big time in roads, but not rails.
- Ryan at the Trough / Khalil Bendib (cartoon)
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.
(Note: Images credited to Getty or Shutterstock are not covered by our Creative Commons license. Please license these separately if you wish to use them.)