This week in OtherWords, Karen Dolan exposes the criminalization of poverty and Sarah Anderson compares giant corporations to used car salesmen.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Guilty of Being Poor / Karen Dolan
When a community issues arrest warrants for more offenses than it has residents, something’s deeply wrong.
- What Are Women Workers Worth in Your State? / Martha Burk
How much we make compared to men varies dramatically.
- Thawing Cuban Relations Could Prove Good for Your Health / Felicia Gustin
Ending the embargo could open the door to life-saving drugs now off-limits to Americans.
- Will Congress Be Duped Again on Offshore Taxes? / Sarah Anderson
While the rest of us pay the sticker price, lawmakers are considering a special deluxe tax rate for giant corporations.
- Addicted to Stress / Jill Richardson
We live in a society that makes any choice besides pushing through the pain very difficult.
- A Thumping Cruz-a-palooza / Jim Hightower
The Texas senator and presidential wannabe can’t even imagine the truth.
- Cruzing to Coverage / Khalil Bendib