This week in OtherWords, Libero Della Piana shines a light on a form of voter suppression that afflicts formerly incarcerated people and Aaron Mair urges voters to pay close attention to what candidates say about climate change this electoral cycle.
If you haven’t already subscribed, please ensure that you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords by signing up for our free weekly newsletter.
- Free From Jail, Imprisoned by Debt / Libero Della Piana
People in at least 30 states are barred from voting because they’re unable to pay their court fines.
- This Election, We Can’t Afford to Ignore the Climate / Aaron Mair
As the seas rise, presidential candidates are arguing over whose wife is hotter.
- Most Racism Is Mundane / Jill Richardson
The lives of people of color are shaped by race in more ways than a white person might guess.
- These Billboards Have Eyes / Jim Hightower
Computerized placards are literally watching you — and they may even follow you home.
- When the Media Feed from Trump’s Trough / Khalil Bendib cartoon
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.