This week in OtherWords, Donald Kaul sizes up Rudy Giuliani and I explain why there’s no safe way for freight trains to lug crude oil across the country.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Some Good News from the Middle East / Chris Toensing
Obama has the best opportunity in decades to end the U.S.-Iran standoff.
- Giuliani: Nutball or Sleazeball? / Donald Kaul
The former New York City mayor may be full of it, but that won’t stop him from weighing in.
- The Lobbyists at Your Dinner Party / Jill Richardson
Every purveyor of food and drink wants the government to advise Americans to consume more of what they produce.
- Going off the Rails / Emily Schwartz Greco
There’s no safe way to haul oil by the trainload.
- A Model Philanthropist / Jim Hightower
A small-town Vermont janitor shocked his community by leaving behind millions for the common good.
- Big Oil’s Lethal Game / Khalil Bendib cartoon
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.