This week in OtherWords, Isaiah Poole talks about how the Fight for $15 will ramp up in 2015 and Jim Hightower tackles the corporate hyping of college football.
As this new year begins, I would like to offer my deepest thanks to everyone who made a year-end tax-deductible contribution to support OtherWords. You’re helping to guarantee our ability to deliver independent, newsroom-ready, and innovative ideas to editors across the nation.
- Your Smartphone Could Be Poisoning Children / Elizabeth O’Connell
The industry has stymied research that could hold it accountable.
- Fight for $15 in ’15 / Isaiah J. Poole
Here’s one way to bypass the political gridlock in Washington and help struggling workers.
- Black Wealth Matters / Chuck Collins
For generations, white households have enjoyed far greater access to wealth and security than their black counterparts.
- Tilting at Turbines / Emily Schwartz Greco
Market forces are sparking solar and wind energy growth.
- A Corporate Coup in College Football / Jim Hightower
Instead of sponsors bringing the games to us, bowl games now bring us to the sponsors.
- Get Wild without Abandoning Common Sense / Jill Richardson
This year, get out there and enjoy what nature has to offer.
- Suffocating Black Wealth / Khalil Bendib cartoon
There are many reasons for the racial divide with net worth in America.