This week in OtherWords, Medea Benjamin flags Hillary Clinton’s hawkish foreign policy record and Josh Hoxie explains why he shares Bernie Sanders’ passion for Denmark.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Kindly chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Hillary Clinton Hasn’t Learned a Thing from Iraq / Medea Benjamin
The former secretary of state could shatter the glass ceiling for women, but she’d leave the old boys’ military-industrial complex intact.
- Why Are We Hearing So Much about Those Damn Danes? / Josh Hoxie
Bernie Sanders’ presidential bid is putting Denmark on the map.
- Pay Fair or Pay Up / Isaiah J. Poole
Chicago businesses with low-paid workers could start shouldering the cost of the social services their employees rely on.
- Trying a Fossil Fiend / Emily Schwartz Greco
Villains like former coal CEO Don Blankenship make it easier to get riled up over climate change.
- Instead of Pardoning a Turkey, Obama Should Free This Man / John Kiriakou
This year, the president should extend some Thanksgiving clemency to human beings — starting with Leonard Peltier.
- Don’t Let Them Blind You with Their Science / Jill Richardson
Organic farming can be cutting-edge, too.
- Staffing Up for Corruption / Jim Hightower
Campaigns are hiring “donor maintenance managers” as personal concierges to millionaire supporters.
- Powered by Pollution / Khalil Bendib