This week in OtherWords, Donald Kaul puts the brutality of drone warfare into historical context, Jill Richardson explains why you should compost and replace your lawn, and Jim Hightower says that a $9 minimum wage would still be too low.
Below you’ll find links to our latest work. If you haven’t already subscribed to our weekly newsletter, please do.
- These Laws Make Me Want to Gag / Will Potter
States are adopting laws meant to keep consumers in the dark about where their food comes from.
- Presidential Distortion / Peter Hart
The message we’ve been hearing from the mainstream media about Obama’s push for a renewed brand of liberalism is flagrantly false.
- New World Disorder / Donald Kaul
Modern warfare is an exercise in savagery.
- Segregation 2.0 / Sam Pizzigati
America’s residential divide now goes beyond race.
- Lose Your Lawn / Jill Richardson
Turning your lawn into something more beautiful and useful would save time and money while curbing pollution and water usage.
- Putting Some Real Pop in Populism / Jim Hightower
Washington should do more than the minimum on minimum wage
- Downwardly Mobile Nation / William A. Collins
America’s working class has been magically transformed into the working poor.
- Minimum Wage, Maximum Drama / Khalil Bendib cartoon