This week in OtherWords, Marjorie E. Wood explains how the Affordable Care Act has quietly begun to rein in runaway CEO pay and Jim Hightower says you shouldn’t be tricked into thinking that Rick Perry’s indictment is no big deal.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, help us keep this valuable service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- Let’s Give Workers Something to Cheer About / Robert L. Borosage
Labor Day should be a day on, not a day off, in the effort to reclaim the American dream for working people.
- How to Save the Life of the Next Michael Brown / Camisha Jones
We all must build a common understanding of race, become aware of the role we play in upholding systems of oppression, and get comfortable with vulnerability.
- A Prescription for Treating Runaway CEO Pay / Marjorie E. Wood
Thanks to the Affordable Care Act, your premiums are now guaranteed to pay for health care instead of executives’ yachts.
- Greasing the Path to Military Intervention / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
As the Kurds have learned, oil can instantly heal longstanding rifts.
- Perry Hams It Up / Jim Hightower
The Texas governor’s claims that he was indicted for merely exercising his veto power is a bunch of hokum.
- The Case for Making Foreign Aid a Two-Way Street / Jill Richardson
Many Africans regularly get hours of inter-generational togetherness that many American families are lucky to enjoy a few times a year.
- Dr. Spoilsport’s CEO Treatment / Khalil Bendib