This week in OtherWords, Janet Redman highlights how the Trans-Pacific Partnership could make it harder for Americans to safeguard our communities and I explain why the natural gas industry is in big trouble.
If you haven’t already subscribed, please ensure that you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords by signing up for our free weekly newsletter. If you’re on Twitter, why not follow us? Our handle is @OTWords.
And if you’d like to see these bold opinion pieces delivered to more newspapers and new media outlets, please consider making a tax-deductible donation today.
- Betting the Farm on Free Trade / Janet Redman
The White House is gambling with our health, jobs, and environment by embracing the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- Cracking Down on Abusive Debt Collectors / LeeAnn Hall
The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau must stop this national crisis.
- Natural Gas Becomes a Fracking Mess / Emily Schwartz Greco
The Porter Ranch disaster may erase the industry’s undeserved reputation as a clean energy source.
- Trump’s Impeachable Offense / John Kiriakou
GOP presidential candidates are endorsing torture, again.
- The Blind Spots of Dead White Men / Jill Richardson
Black history must be remembered all year long.
- Stomping on Our Constitutional Rights / Jim Hightower
Several states have made it a crime to record corporate animal abusers in the act.
- Billionaire vs. Billionaire / Khalil Bendib cartoon