This week in OtherWords, Mitchell Zimmerman looks at how U.S. policies stoked the Central American violence that’s sending thousands of children across the border in search of refuge and I explain why Hillary Clinton’s Honduran blunders should curb her unbeatability as a presidential hopeful.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, help us keep this valuable service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- Running for Their Lives: The Child Migrant Crisis / Mitchell Zimmerman
U.S. policies created the gang violence Central American kids are fleeing.
- Not Much Better than Bush / Amanda Ufheil-Somers
Especially when it comes to addressing the refugee crisis, Obama’s Iraq track record doesn’t mark much of an improvement over the mess his predecessor made.
- Sick Pig Problems / Andrew Carter
Rising prices aren’t the only reason you should reconsider eating pork.
- Hillary Clinton’s Real Scandal Is Honduras, Not Benghazi / Emily Schwartz Greco
Her Central American foreign policy blunder ought to darken her presidential prospects.
- The Darker Side of Sunblock / Jill Richardson
A chemical that might be safe in its normal-sized form may not be when it goes nano.
- Narcissists Gone Wild! / Sam Pizzigati
Excessive compensation can ruin a CEO’s judgment.
- Citigroup’s $7 Billion Wrist Slap / Jim Hightower
That penalty is too light to deter future finagling.
- Obama’s New Iraq Strategy / Khalil Bendib cartoon