This week in OtherWords, Diana Torres explains why she thinks President Obama’s immigration action falls short and Peter Hart predicts that Democrats will win more elections if they ignore calls to act more like Republicans.
On behalf of the OtherWords team and all of our writers and non-profit partners, I would like to wish you a very happy Thanksgiving. We would also like to express our gratitude for your choice to support this non-profit editorial service. Your gifts are keeping the lights on and the commentaries and cartoons rolling.
We know that you have many other options out there for bold analysis and opinions. We’re thankful that you choose to spend time checking out what we have to say and we hope that your time with family and friends over the harvest holiday will be relaxing and enjoyable.
- Obama’s Immigration Action Doesn’t Go Far Enough / Diana Anahi Torres
All the undocumented farm workers who harvest our food deserve a chance to live without fear of deportation.
- Big Media’s Crummy Advice for Democrats / Peter Hart
Even before their recent drubbing, pundits were telling Democrats to be more like Republicans.
- Obama: Don’t Sell Out America’s Women / Martha Burk
The proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership is bad news for workers and worse news for women.
- Show Up on Thanksgiving or Get Fired / Jim Hightower
Why can’t unbridled consumerism take a breather on holidays?
- The Fracking Rush Hits a Pothole / Emily Schwartz Greco
Oil and natural gas gluts are driving prices so low that drill-baby-drillers may have to hit the brakes.
- Does This Definition Make Me Look Rich? / Sam Pizzigati
No statistical contortion can hide the growing divide between the 1 percent and everyone else.
- Why You Should Meet Your Meat / Jill Richardson
Seeing the process up close is an honorable way to take responsibility for the lives taken to produce our food.
- The Elephant in the Room / Khalil Bendib