This week in OtherWords, Ryan Alexander questions the wisdom of spending $1.5 trillion on F-35 combat jets and Jill Richardson urges everyone to get hooked on apples.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, please help us keep this valuable service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- We Can’t Go On Eating Like This / John Feffer
With more of us crowding a warming planet, we need agricultural change.
- When $1.5 Trillion Could Be Too Low, the Price Tag Is Too High / Ryan Alexander
It’s not too late to for Congress to curb the Pentagon’s plans for the absurdly expensive F-35 combat jet.
- Hooked on Apples / Jill Richardson
Turning the tide on diabetes will require the next generation to establish healthy habits early on.
- We’re All in This Together / Tiffany Williams
Labor organizers are increasingly enlisting consumers in campaigns to improve conditions for low-wage workers.
- Snooping on Everyone While the Big Box Thieves Get Busy / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
Congress is still dragging its feet on fixes more than a year after Edward Snowden’s alarming revelations first came to light.
- The Nouveau Sodbusters / Jim Hightower
Wall Street’s fake farmers are harvesting sweet profits.
- Seeds of Greed / Khalil Bendib cartoon