This week in OtherWords, Peter Certo weighs in on President Obama’s Iraq record and Michael Brune says the climate movement prompted Facebook and other tech heavyweights to “unfriend” the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC).
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter or follow us on Twitter @OTWords. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, please help us keep this service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- Obama’s Dumb War / Peter Certo
The president is now poised to leave behind a Middle East quagmire much like the one he was elected to end.
- Unfriending ALEC / Michael Brune
Big tech companies like Google and Facebook are breaking up with corporate polluters.
- Here Come the Rain and Drought / Emily Schwartz Greco
Many coastal regions must start bracing for frequent floods as key freshwater sources are drying up elsewhere.
- America’s Grand Fortunes Go Overboard / Sam Pizzigati
With middle-class net worth crumbling, the Forbes 400 grow wealthier than ever.
- Walk Softly and Carry a Big Beer / Jim Hightower
Don’t just sit on your duffs doing 12-ounce elbow bends — the Russians are buying out Pabst Blue Ribbon.
- ‘Leave’ Them Alone / Jill Richardson
Each fall, trees offer homeowners a bounty of free mulch.
- No Exit Strategy / Khalil Bendib cartoon