This week in OtherWords, Bob Lord explains what’s wrong with Mitt Romney’s monster-sized IRA and Raul A. Reyes zeroes in on something that’s amiss in Kansas.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Subscribe to our free weekly newsletter or follow us on Twitter @OTWords. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, please help us keep this service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- Taking Anti-Immigrant Fervor Too Far / Raul A. Reyes
One of the biggest things wrong with Kansas is Kris Kobach.
- What Would the Founders Do? / Jack Kelly
The government’s neglect of our veterans goes way back.
- A Free Fruit-for-All / Ross Gay
Along with the apples, plums, and figs, community orchards yield common dreaming.
- The 0.01 Percent’s ‘I Reap All’ Accounts / Bob Lord
Multi-millionaires and billionaires are shielding vast fortunes from taxation with monstrously huge IRAs.
- Denton Tells Big Oil to Frack Off / Jim Hightower
Nothing’s crazier than letting corporate giants plunder the environment and deny our democratic right to govern local communities.
- A Difficult Season / Jill Richardson
Love the important people in your life not in spite of their flaws but because of them.
- Driving Government Out of Business / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
If the Republicans gain a Senate majority, they’ll try to topple these four pillars of public service.
- The GOP’s Sharp Teeth / Khalil Bendib cartoon