This week in OtherWords, Rep. Barbara Lee calls for universal access to reproductive health services and Jill Richardson shrugs off the news that McDonald’s will phase in cage-free eggs.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Kindly chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- We Can — and Should — Do More to Help Syrian Refugees / Chris Toensing
If tiny Lebanon can receive over 1 million, surely the wealthiest country in the world can follow suit.
- Health Care Isn’t a Bargaining Chip / Congresswoman Barbara Lee
Women should be free to make their own health decisions no matter what they earn or where they live.
- Urban America’s Slow-Motion Crisis / Rebecca Ruggles
Millions of residents in poor city neighborhoods live in environments that assault their health on a daily basis.
- The Insult Generator / Emily Schwartz Greco
Donald Trump ought to give a Jewish custom a shot.
- The GOP Agenda (Or Lack Thereof) / Donald Kaul
To hear Republicans tell it, America’s major issues boil down to Hillary Clinton’s emails, Benghazi, and Planned Parenthood.
- Mitch McConnell’s War on Iran — and Boeing? / John Kiriakou
The only people who get hurt if Congress slaps new trade sanctions on Iran are U.S. aviation companies.
- Chicken Disneyland / Jill Richardson
McDonald’s is slowly transitioning to cage-free eggs, but that’s only a slightly better deal for the chickens.
- Chicago’s Taxpayer-Funded Ode to Robber Barons / Jim Hightower
The Park Service is sponsoring a national monument on the site of an autocratic old company town.
- The Debate Dividing the GOP / Khalil Bendib