This week in OtherWords, Jill Richardson applauds a comedian’s take on Pom Wonderful’s deceptive marketing ploys and Jim Hightower tells the story of the latest runaway CEO pay poster child.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, help us keep this valuable service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- The Common Sense Tax / Robert Weissman
A speculation tax is highly progressive, has huge revenue potential, and could curb Wall Street recklessness.
- Close Loopholes, Fix Potholes / Scott Klinger
If Washington closes offshore tax loopholes, we can fix many of our infrastructure problems and create new jobs.
- Backsliding on Educational Equality / Brianna Montague
The United States still has a segregation problem.
- Happy Times in Hedge Fund America / Sam Pizzigati
But the rest of us have less reason to be humming along.
- Wonderfully Deceptive Superfood Marketing / Jill Richardson
Pom Wonderful made such outlandish claims that the Federal Trade Commission stepped in and told them to cut it out.
- Rowing Hard against the Tide Can’t Get You There from Here / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
Reproductive rights foes are winning plenty of battles but losing the war over American opinion.
- Psssst, Wanna Buy My Corporation? / Jim Hightower
A lucrative provision in CEO contracts encourages corporate chieftains to sidle up to their competitors.
- Navigating Back to Segregation / Khalil Bendib cartoon