This week in OtherWords, Medea Benjamin urges the Obama administration to end its love affair with drones and Jim Hightower explains why Staples shouldn’t house mini post offices.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Then subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. Do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please make a tax-deductible donation today to keep this valuable service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- The Cold Truth Atlanta’s Epic Traffic Jam Exposed / Isaiah J. Poole
It’s time to thaw out the nation’s deep freeze on transportation policy.
- The Dangerous Seduction of Drones / Medea Benjamin
After 10 years of this remote-control killing, the Obama administration should seek effective solutions that adhere to international law.
- Throwing a Wrench in the Engine for Innovation / Josh Stearns
Net Neutrality ensures we have a truly free market on the Web.
- Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places / Sam Pizzigati
Is inequality turning marriage into a luxury good?
- The Best Way to Keep Our Water Safe / Jill Richardson
Once we stop relying on fossil fuels, we can forget about coal-related accidents.
- Boxing Us into Poor Job Prospects / Jim Hightower
A pilot program to create mini-post offices at Staples stores is bad for workers.
- The Ultimate Captive Market / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
We’d all save a bundle with real sentencing reform.
- Drone City / Khalil Bendib cartoon
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.