This week in OtherWords, I debunk an argument against fossil fuel divestment by pointing out that it can boost financial gains and Khalil Bendib chimes in with a related dinosaur cartoon.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Sister Rice Goes After the Bomb / Peter Weiss
Federal authorities are treating an 85-year-old Catholic nun like a nuclear saboteur.
- Loaded Language / Joel Kendrick
My return to Nashville reminded me exactly why responsible gun owners should ditch the NRA.
- Greening Spring Cleaning / Allison Rich
Schools should stop dousing classrooms with toxic cleaning products.
- That Whiff of Hypocrisy / Donald Kaul
Watching the 2016 GOP primary season unfold beats seeing Hillary run against herself.
- Why We Need $50,000 Traffic Tickets / Sam Pizzigati
Let’s make sure our penalties amount to penalties for everyone.
- The Divestment Dividend / Emily Schwartz Greco
Investors who refuse to put their money into oil, gas, and coal may reap financial gains for doing the right thing.
- Where Are the Populist Democrats? / Jim Hightower
Hillary Clinton’s take on what to do about inequality is weaker than Canadian hot sauce.
- PETA’s Cruel and Unusual Crush / Jill Richardson
The animal rights group shouldn’t ladle praise on Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a man who cages people for a living.
- Fossil Fuel Extinction / Khalil Bendib