This week in OtherWords, Daphne Wysham weighs in on the growing fossil-fuel resistance across the Pacific Northwest that made Portland’s “kayaktivists” a media sensation while I explain how a boom in solar-powered electric vehicles could help resolve the climate crisis.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter or follow us on Twitter @OTWords.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Supporters of Diplomacy over War Must Speak Up / Kevin Martin and Phyllis Bennis
Lawmakers need to hear from their constituents who support the nuclear deal with Iran.
- Coal, Oil, Gas: None Shall Pass / Daphne Wysham
A growing movement across the Pacific Northwest is gumming up the fossil-fuel works.
- An Extraordinary Diplomatic Feat / Chris Toensing
Obama may have stopped a war with Iran before it started, but stopping a war isn’t the same as peace.
- Is O’Malley an Environmental Champion? / Alissa Weinman
The former Maryland governor’s record is inconsistently green, at best.
- A Driving Force / Emily Schwartz Greco
Electric vehicles are on the verge of disrupting energy markets.
- The Sentence They Don’t Tell You About / John Kiriakou
The government’s petty harassment didn’t end after I served time for being a whistleblower.
- Running on Greed / Bob Lord
When Donald Trump boasts about his fortune, he drives up his popularity.
- Holder Proves You Can Go Home Again / Jim Hightower
In a way, the former attorney general never really left his powerhouse corporate employer.
- What’s the End Game? / Jill Richardson
There’s a point at which the quest for more money is no longer worthwhile.
- Hillary or Bernie? / Khalil Bendib cartoon