This week in OtherWords, John Kiriakou calls for ending solitary confinement and Marc Morial delves into the history of Black History Month.
If you haven’t already subscribed, please ensure that you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords by signing up for our free weekly newsletter. If you’re on Twitter, why not follow us? Our handle is @OTWords.
And if you’d like to see these bold opinion pieces delivered to more newspapers and new media outlets, please consider making a tax-deductible donation today.
- America’s Hollow Paradises / Josh Hoxie
People with working-class jobs in U.S. beach towns and ski resorts are getting pushed away by exorbitant housing costs.
- We Still Need Black History Month / Marc Morial
America’s racial disparity won’t disappear if we simply ignore it.
- The Election Moves On / Donald Kaul
Marco Rubio is no longer a pipsqueak rolling in the mud with Jeb Bush.
- Drowning the Oil Industry / Emily Schwartz Greco
The Iranian gusher means prices won’t rebound anytime soon.
- Let’s End Torture in U.S. Prisons / John Kiriakou
Survivors call solitary confinement “living death.”
- It’s Not All in Your Head / Jill Richardson
Your emotions could be making you sick.
- The Sanders Sensation / Jim Hightower
Bernie’s people-powered movement has already shattered one of the Democratic establishment’s holy myths.
- A Cannonball in the Oil Market / Khalil Bendib cartoon