This week in OtherWords, Jim Hightower pokes fun at fast food giants for posing as little guys and I talk about how Thomas Edison would be pleased to see the solar industry’s bright prospects.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Fair Trade Is a Racial Justice Issue / Isaiah J. Poole
The struggle in towns like Ferguson to overcome racial and economic barriers is hard enough without another wrong-headed trade pact.
- Why Not Travel to Cuba? / Medea Benjamin
Scuba diving off Varadero Beach shouldn’t land you in hot water with Uncle Sam.
- Risky War Business / Richard Kirsch
Security means more than new and bigger guns.
- Edison’s Bright Idea / Emily Schwartz Greco
The inventor wished the sun could power his inventions.
- Betting the Farm on a Lie/ Josh Hoxie
Estate tax critics never let facts get in the way of a good story.
- Standing Up for Our Neighbors / Jill Richardson
If Americans value black lives, we have a funny way of showing it.
- Genuine Corporate Posers/ Jim Hightower
McDonald’s, Taco Bell, and Pepsi offshoots are trying to dupe their customers.
- Free Trade at Last/ Khalil Bendib cartoon