This week in OtherWords, Rebecca Ruggles talks about how fossil fuels harm public health and I unpack Florida’s climate gag rule.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Shining a Light on Corporate ‘Dark Money’ / Marge Baker
President Obama should issue an executive order to let voters see for themselves who’s trying to buy political influence.
- Household Debt Is a National Crisis / LeeAnn Hall
It’s time to stop blaming borrowers and instead hold predatory lenders accountable.
- The Hazards of Your Daily Commute / Rebecca Ruggles
Fossil fuels aren’t just warming our climate, they’re polluting the air we breathe.
- Your Dollars at Work — for the Rich / Sam Pizzigati
The taxes we all pay should bankroll quality public services, not grand fortunes.
- Talk Climate to Me / Emily Schwartz Greco
Florida Governor Rick Scott’s henchmen punish staffers who utter the words “climate change.”
- Saving Tax Dollars by Treading More Lightly / Jill Richardson
The federal government will save money by shrinking its carbon footprint.
- Shilling for the Biggest Trade Flim-Flam in History / Jim Hightower
A sham “progressive” coalition is pushing a wage-destroying scam.
- Student Debt Collectors / Khalil Bendib