This week in OtherWords, Peter Montgomery highlights Donald Trump’s popularity among white nationalists and Ryan Alexander weighs in on the federal budget debate’s unrealistic tone.
If you haven’t already subscribed, please ensure that you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords by signing up for our free weekly newsletter.
And if you’d like to see these bold opinion pieces delivered to more newspapers and new media outlets, please make a tax-deductible donation today.
- Trump Is Opening the Floodgates of Hate / Peter Montgomery
The GOP frontrunner has turned white nationalists into political players.
- Missing in Action: Political Reality and Leadership / Ryan Alexander
The budget and appropriations train is derailing without leaving the station.
- When Red Tape Is a Good Thing / Sean Moulton
We don’t just need to get money out of politics — we need to get it out of policy, too.
- Belgian Awful / Emily Schwartz Greco
The latest European terrorist attacks redefined nuclear security.
- Dying in Prison / John Kiriakou
Inmates on their deathbeds should be free to spend their final days with their loved ones.
- What’s ‘Processed’ Food? / Jill Richardson
It can be hard to know where to draw the line, but Peeps are definitely past it.
- NBA: The National Billboard Association? / Jim Hightower
Pro basketball teams are turning their players into running, dribbling ads.
- A Nuclear Juggling Act / Khalil Bendib cartoon
OtherWords commentaries are free to re-publish in print and online — all it takes is a simple attribution to OtherWords.org. To get a roundup of our work each Wednesday, sign up for our free weekly newsletter here.