This week in OtherWords, I size up President Obama’s disorienting climate leadership and Sarah Anderson weighs in on the nation’s retirement divide.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Kindly chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- The Golden Years Gap / Sarah Anderson
Just 100 CEOs have as much saved up for retirement as 50 million American families combined.
- My Thanksgiving Terror / Rebecca Rehr
One look at that turkey and I can’t get my mind off how factory farming is endangering our health.
- Bright Ideas from the GOP’s Finest / Martha Burk
Can we really take another year of nasty rhetoric and nonsense proposals?
- The Three F’s of Thanksgiving / Larissa Johnson
Why not emulate the Mayflower’s passengers and go local with your holiday feast?
- Who Can Follow This Climate Leader? / Emily Schwartz Greco
President Obama rejected the Keystone XL pipeline while backing increased oil, gas, and coal production.
- Paying for Patriotism / John Kiriakou
The Pentagon shells out millions for sports leagues to “support the troops” with cheap stunts.
- Sandra Bullock’s New Film Gets History Oh So Wrong / Jill Richardson
The satirical flick about American campaign strategists in Bolivia fails to mention they worked for the bad guy.
- Will This Lord of the Manor Get Locked Up? / Jim Hightower
Former coal CEO Don Blankenship is in the hot seat for putting money above everything else.
- How a Pipeline Becomes a Trophy / Khalil Bendib cartoon