This week in OtherWords, John Kiriakou points out that Hillary Clinton should have known better when she attacked Edward Snowden while Donald Kaul explains why the leading Democratic presidential candidate’s odds are so good.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Kindly chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Obama’s Unholy Trade Policy / Manuel Perez-Rocha
There’s a reason Pope Francis has condemned “free trade” pacts like the Trans-Pacific Partnership.
- Taking out the Trash Burners / Annie Leonard
The fight against a dirty incinerator in Baltimore is an inspiration for all of us.
- Oddballs Like These Make Hillary’s Odds Good / Donald Kaul
In the first Democratic debate, Clinton was a politician in complete command of her gifts.
- What Clinton Got Wrong About Snowden / John Kiriakou
The former secretary of state attacked the NSA whistleblower without bothering to get her facts straight.
- The Great Pumpkin Shortage Is Coming / Emily Schwartz Greco
Spooky weather patterns are disrupting specialty crops.
- When Your Teacher Asks If You Want Fries with That / Jill Richardson
McDonald’s tricks cash-strapped schools into serving up their own students.
- An Awfully Bitter Brew / Jim Hightower
Should one beer behemoth control 70 percent of the U.S. market?
- Noexitistan / Khalil Bendib