This week in OtherWords, I give you a good reason to read Naomi Klein’s new book about the climate challenge, Jill Richardson applauds California’s efforts to stop using billions of single-use plastic bags, and Josh Hoxie says the #RichKids of Beverly Hills reality TV show proves that Uncle Sam needs to do more about taxing great fortunes.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, help us keep this valuable service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- The Next Round of an Unwinnable War Beckons / Amanda Ufheil-Somers
Bombing raids on Islamic State targets in Iraq may just make things worse.
- Restoring Government by the People, for the People / Marge Baker
It doesn’t have to be this way.
- Worried About Climate Change? Ban Fracking on Federal Lands / Wenonah Hauter
It’s up to Congress to protect our national treasures.
- A Simpler Solution to Climate Change / Emily Schwartz Greco
Naomi Klein wants everyone to join forces and just pull the plug on oil, gas, and coal.
- Ted Cruz Dreams Up Assorted Fossil Fuel Favors / Jim Hightower
He’s got a nifty plan to alleviate Native American poverty by opening up their tribal lands to oil drilling.
- Taxing the #RichKids / Josh Hoxie
A reality TV show’s gaudy displays of wealth beg the question: How much is too much?
- California Adds Steam to the Bag-Banning Movement / Jill Richardson
We can conserve by not wasting stuff we don’t actually need.
- A Change in the Weather / Khalil Bendib cartoon