This week in OtherWords, Jill Richardson tells “vegangelicals” they’d become better missionaries for a healthy-eating lifestyle if they just stopped preaching and Amanda Ufheil-Somers suggests that the United States and Saudi Arabia end what she calls a “loveless diplomatic marriage.”
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter. And if you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas, help us keep this valuable service running by chipping in with your tax-deductible donation today. We can’t do it without your support.
- Milking Public Education / Alex Xourias
I’m growing leery of the role corporations are playing in charter-dominated school systems.
- A Loveless Diplomatic Marriage with No Future / Amanda Ufheil-Somers
It’s time for the United States and Saudi Arabia to split up.
- Of High-Speed Fastballs and High-Speed Trades / Sam Pizzigati
You don’t need to swing a bat to hit a jackpot.
- Bacon Is Not a Vegetable / Jill Richardson
You can’t encourage other people to eat a diet that’s better for them and the planet by getting all vegangelical on them.
- Ryan’s Joke Is on Us / Jim Hightower
The Wisconsin Republican’s budget scheme slashes job training, education, infrastructure repairs, medical research, public broadcasting, the arts, and pretty much anything else that regular people want and need.
- Death by Stalling / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
The aid-in-dying movement is slowly gaining traction.
- When Campaign Cash Equals Speech / Khalil Bendib