This week in OtherWords, Dana Brown explains why she’d like to see Washington ditch the Cuban embargo and Richard Kirsch says that Republicans aren’t going to win the 2014 mid-term elections by harping endlessly about the Affordable Care Act.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please make a tax-deductible donation today to keep this valuable service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Highway Robbery / Ryan Alexander
Well, you get what you don’t pay for.
- Republicans Can’t Win by Attacking Health Care in 2014 / Richard Kirsch
Progressives must welcome the debate that Republicans insist on having about repealing the Affordable Care Act.
- 55 Years Is Enough / Dana Brown
Here’s why a majority of Americans agree the Cuban embargo should end.
- Should Great Cities Roll Out the Welcome Mat for Great Fortunes? / Sam Pizzigati
Just as people can overdose on drugs, cities can overdose on billionaires.
- The Great American Experiment / Jill Richardson
Lax regulation of toxic chemicals turns us all into human guinea pigs.
- Poetic Justice Strikes the CEO of ExxonMobil / Jim Hightower
Some of the biggest supporters of fracking don’t want it in their backyards.
- A Recipe for Better Disaster Movies / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
Keeping track of all the latest chemical spills and other devastating events is impossible.
- Held Captive by Bad Policy / Khalil Bendib cartoon