This week in OtherWords, Dana Brown explains why she’d like to see Washington ditch the Cuban embargo and Richard Kirsch says that Republicans aren’t going to win the 2014 mid-term elections by harping endlessly about the Affordable Care Act.
Do you want to make sure you don’t miss the latest from OtherWords? Please subscribe to our free weekly newsletter and follow us on Twitter @OTWords.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please make a tax-deductible donation today to keep this valuable service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Highway Robbery / Ryan Alexander
Well, you get what you don’t pay for.
- Republicans Can’t Win by Attacking Health Care in 2014 / Richard Kirsch
Progressives must welcome the debate that Republicans insist on having about repealing the Affordable Care Act.
- 55 Years Is Enough / Dana Brown
Here’s why a majority of Americans agree the Cuban embargo should end.
- Should Great Cities Roll Out the Welcome Mat for Great Fortunes? / Sam Pizzigati
Just as people can overdose on drugs, cities can overdose on billionaires.
- The Great American Experiment / Jill Richardson
Lax regulation of toxic chemicals turns us all into human guinea pigs.
- Poetic Justice Strikes the CEO of ExxonMobil / Jim Hightower
Some of the biggest supporters of fracking don’t want it in their backyards.
- A Recipe for Better Disaster Movies / Emily Schwartz Greco and William A. Collins
Keeping track of all the latest chemical spills and other devastating events is impossible.
- Held Captive by Bad Policy / Khalil Bendib cartoon