This week in OtherWords, I weigh in on how the big nuclear deal is changing the outlook for Iranian and U.S. oil exports and Medea Benjamin talks about how eager American companies are to do business with Cuba.
And do you value our sharp analysis and bold ideas? Please chip in today with a tax-deductible donation to keep this service running. We can’t do it without your support.
- Getting Down to Business in Cuba / Medea Benjamin
U.S. companies are more eager than ever to set up shop.
- A Supreme Threat to American Democracy / Jamie Raskin
We’re one judge away from government of the corporations, by the corporations, and for the corporations.
- When Children Hurt, Schools Can Help / Olivia Alperstein
Nobody should lose out on a good education because of a bad experience.
- A Slick Maneuver / Emily Schwartz Greco
The Iran deal could trigger an end to restrictions on U.S. crude oil exports.
- Second Chances Are as American as Baseball / John Kiriakou
Just as Pete Rose belongs in the Hall of Fame, non-violent drug offenders belong at home with their families.
- A Heavy Question about the State of America’s Health / Jill Richardson
An unsustainable lifestyle is more deadly for most Americans than those extra pounds they’re ashamed of.
- Monsanto Hits All the Wrong Notes / Jim Hightower
Neil Young’s latest album skewers the corporate giant.
- Mr. Obama Goes to Prison / Khalil Bendib cartoon